Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Gin and Tonic Lollipops

I'm still looking for a lollipop pan so once I've made these I'll add pictures...but until then I thought I'd post the recipe so you can all enjoy!

Ingredients
2 cups (440g) caster (superfine) sugar
2/3 cup (230g) glucose syrup
1/4 cup (60ml) gin
1/2 cup (125ml) tonic water
a few drops of food coloring (whatever color you desire) - I think these would make a fabulous St. Patty's day treat

Place the sugar, glucose, gin and tonic water in a medium saucepan over low heat and cook, without stirring, for 8-10 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat to high, bring to the boil and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the mixture reaches 150C (300F), hard crack stage, on a sugar thermometer. It should be a light golden color. Remove from the heat and stir through the food coloring. Lightly grease 12 lollipop molds. Carefully pour the sugar mixture into the molds and press a lollipop stick into each. Allow to cool at room temperature until set. Makes 12.

Source: Donna Hay Magazine, Issue 41 (I wish I could take credit, but I can't)...you can find this magazine at most major book stores or grocery stores

No comments: